Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Watching People by Jayme Catalano

Artist Michael Carson creates large paintings that are a cross between Norman Rockwell and the moody Prada ads of the late 2000s.  His long-legged, gamine figures wear the visage of modern disaffected youth while trapped in a time period not quite our own.  The effect is mesmerizing.  Carson says, “I paint people because I have always had a serious addiction to watching people.  I try to get that feel in my paintings.  As if I am just watching people doing everyday things in my work.”  You can view Carson’s work at the Richard J. Demato gallery in Sag Harbor, New York or online here.

Image One:  Barely Interested by Michael Carson
Image Two:  Breeze by Michael Carson
Image Three:  Michael Carson
Image Four:  Man in Jacket by Michael Carson

 
Article Submitted by:
 -Jayme Catalano, Canary Public Relations
www.canarypublicrelations.com

 

No comments:

Post a Comment