Thursday, March 28, 2013

Spring by: Alexandra Dailey

Painting by: Betty McGlamary
 
With the sun shining today I can’t help but to think about the impending arrival of spring and all that accompanies it; vibrant flora, chirping and mewling fauna, beautiful and fresh scenery. Spring is about rebirth, revival, and new beginnings, so what better way to honor the upcoming season than with a new beginning of your own? Challenge yourself; make your first stroke on that white canvas, put lead to paper and sketch, capture that blossoming bud on film. Whatever your passion or hobby, start a new project as the world’s fresh season comes into being once more. Up here in northern Michigan our spring starts out with snow still covering the ground so my new project will have to take place inside. But, once the thaw starts and flowers start poking their heads out with petals unfurling, I will surely be reveling at the new life and inspired to give life to my own piece. However, for the time being I am stuck inside so my spring project will have to be something not necessarily dealing with new greenery. I will have to get creative and brainstorm about repurposing objects that I have lying around my room—a challenge I readily accept! Get creative and make something brand new, or craft something new out of something old. Cheers to a new season of nature’s beauty and beauty created by artists like you and me!

Article Submitted by: Alexandra Dailey.  To read more articles written by Alexandra, visit http://alexdailey.wordpress.com/.

No comments:

Post a Comment