Wednesday, April 3, 2013

My Fisheye Lens, by F.M. Kearney

 
 
I wouldn't exactly consider my fisheye lens my everyday "go-to" lens. Its extremely wide and barrel-distorted view makes it unsuitable for the vast majority of the images I shoot. Every once in a while, however, I'll come across a weird subject that requires a weird perspective. Such was the case last Spring at the New York Botanical Garden. The tulip display in the Home Gardening Center is built in a circular design, making it an ideal candidate for this type of lens. I set up my tripod in the rear of the garden with barely enough room to spare. Had I lowered the angle just a few inches, the legs would have become visible in the shot. I felt the resulting image adequately conveyed and accentuated the unusual shape of this garden.
Article Submitted by:
F.M. Kearney is a fine art nature photographer, specializing in unique floral and landscape images. To see more of his work, please visit www.starlitecollection.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment