Thursday, June 6, 2013

The Crooked Tree Arts Center by Alexandra Dailey


Oil by Sheri Alimonda
New Member of Contemporary Art Gallery Online
 
Well, I’m happy to share that I am now a member of the Crooked Tree Arts Center staff in Petoskey, Michigan J I work at the front desk so I have a front row seat to all the visiting patrons, artists, and works of art that come through our doors! So far I’ve worked there for three days, and already I’ve met wonderful board members, watched a speed painter, and become as well versed as possible in the upcoming events. The biggest event of the season is the Oil Painters of America Summer Salon 2013, AKA OPA. This exhibition runs from June 20 to August 31, and will showcase over 370 oil paintings by artists from all over the country. All of these paintings will be arriving this week, which means close to 400 works of art will be passing by my desk! Oh, the joy of working at an arts center! Even though I spend most of my time answering the phones, I greatly enjoy the fact that I am surrounded by art at my place of employment. If you’re interested in learning more about OPA, or if you yourself will be in the Northern Michigan area this summer, check out www.crookedtree.org for more information regarding events, exhibits, lectures, performances, and more! Stay tuned for more art news from the Northern Michigan front!

No comments:

Post a Comment