Monday, May 6, 2013

Check Out What Lynette Slape is Creating!


Art Piece: 
“Nightmare”
Acrylic
24”  x  36”
 
About the Artist:
Lynette Slape:
When Lynette was a little girl, her parents took her to art and history museums.  Like many children, Lynette was very bored.  Because of her youth, she did not yet understand how important art was.  While in school, Lynette was given the choice to take classes in the fine arts or music.  Since Lynette didn’t know anything about music she chose the fine arts.  Once in college, Lynette could not decide on what major to choose.  This drove her crazy.  It finally occurred to her, that art is what made her happy. 
 
“I had a moment when a light bulb turns on in your head.  I began to get better at my artwork, which felt really good.  I took a few years off from school to work at Starbucks and apply to art schools.  For example, I got into Pratt Art Institute, and San Francisco Art Institute.  But now I’m at Lane Community College wanting to transfer to University of Oregon in fall of 2013.  I will major in art and minor in creative writing.”  ~Lynette Slape   
 
To view more of Lynette’s work and the work of all our fine artists, visit us at www.contemporaryartgalleryonline.com.   Also check out our monthly art competitions.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment